Call: Collection Of Information About Solidarity Initiatives In Response To The Coronavirus (Covid-19) Crisis
This is a call for the collection of information about solidarity initiatives in response to the COVID-19 crisis in Catalonia, Spain and the rest of the world.
This public collection has two main objectives:
- To gather and disseminate different collaborative efforts to map the solidarity initiatives in response to the COVID-19 crisis in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain and the rest of the world.
- To contribute to these collective efforts by adding new or not-yet-gathered solidarity initiatives to existing maps, helping them to be visualized, facilitating knowledge exchange between these initiatives and, from our position as a university, contributing to their analysis and comparison with other international realities.
We are seeking information about:
- Maps and digital networks that gather solidary initiatives in response to the coronavirus crisis in different parts of the world and at different geographic scales.
- Specific solidarity initiatives that respond to the following general characteristics:
- Initiatives of an altruistic nature, which do not involve any type of monetary exchange and are not motivated by profit
- Initiatives of a collective nature, which imply a certain degree of social organization, and are therefore not a personal product
- Initiatives that satisfy diverse collective needs (i.e. healthcare, education, housing, culture, physical activity, legal assistance, etc.)
- Initiatives that are explicit in response to the coronavirus, either through the creation of new groups or through already existing groups undertaking new initiatives to address the consequences of COVID-19.
Examples of the kind of initiatives that we are seeking include:
- Support networks for the elderly
- Support networks providing child care for parents who must work during the crisis
- Groups of teachers sharing learning resources (beyond their professional duties)
- Initiatives to support at-risk or vulnerable social groups
- Groups that provide free psychological or legal support
- Any other initiative you consider relevant!
How to collaborate:
- Disseminate this call using the following hashtag: #solivid #iniciativesCOVID19
- Send us information about your solidarity initiative: Online Form.
- Contribute to gather online resources: Resources Form.
- Collaborate to the project sharing information and knowledge: email@example.com